Yes, you can buy it in a can, and you can buy it in a plastic container, but you really should buy heavy cream and whip it yourself. It tastes better and you will feel better knowing that it was just you and the cow that made that heavenly topping. No chemicals, no preservatives, no unnatural flavors added. It’s just pure whipped cream. Don’t you just feel better already.
- Metal Mixing Bowl
- Hand or Standing Mixer with whisk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for several minutes prior to whipping cream.
- Pour heavy cream into chilled mixing bowl. Using electric mixer with whisk attachment, start beating slowly.
- Gradually increase speed of mixer over the next several minutes to the mixers highest speed.
- As cream begins to thicken add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat cream until it forms stiff peaks.