A Unique Apple Pie Recipe That You Need To Try
This is the only apple pie that I knew growing up, so it holds fond memories for me. Interestingly enough, I seldom make this one anymore but turn more often to a more traditional Apple Pie recipe. I have never encountered this recipe anywhere else but in my mother’s house. The basic recipe is in the tradition of other sour cream pies on this site of cherry and rhubarb. It is a very simple recipe so give it a whirl for something different and delicious.
Sour Cream Apple Pie
- one 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 8 - 10 tart apples Check notes
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 oz sour cream
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Core and pare apples into thin slices.
- In a medium size bowl, combine sugar, flour, salt and sour cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples and sour cream mixture.
- Line 9 inch pie plate with pastry and fill with apple mixture
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for an additional 35 minutes or until filling is visibly bubbling.