Simple, but delicious
Is it “pecahhhn” or “PEcan”? Anyway that you say it, this is a wonderful pie, especially if you like a gooey, nutty kind of pie. It is another pie that is so easy to make yet tastes like it is made from a complex recipe. This pie is dedicated to my father-in-law who, by the way, pronounces it “PEcan”.
- one 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup pecans
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl, slightly beat the eggs.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in pecans and pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes, reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack
- Serve with whipped cream.